What is Vaping?
Vaping is NOT smoking and Vapers do not refer to them as shisha pens, by definition ‘vaping’ is the act of inhaling water vapor through a personal vaporizer (PV) or an electronic cigarette (e-cig) A vaporizer is a device consisting of a battery and heating elements. When activated, the heating element boils a small amount of liquid in the device, creating a vapor which is then inhaled and exhaled by the user. Vaping eliminates 4000+ chemicals and carcinogenic compounds that come from real cigarettes, without compromising the act of ‘smoking’ itself. Vaping products may also contain nicotine as an option which is a highly addictive substance.
Is it Safe?
Obviously, the safest thing to do is to quit smoking altogether. There are many questions left to be answered about e-cigarettes, since “vaping” is a rather new practice. There are now more promising studies that show that “vaping” is a much safer practice and studies prove it to be 97% safer then traditional tobacco. This study adds to growing evidence that e-cigarettes are a much safer alternative to tobacco, and suggests the long term effects of these products will be minimal. One thing is certain, e-cigarettes do not contain the 4000+ toxic chemical that come from smoking the traditional cigarette.
Benefits of Vaping
• Better health
• No tobacco, No smoke
• Exempt from location bands
• Cost effective
• No second hand smoke
• Completely odourless
TUBE, MODS – the main console of the vaporizer.
BATTERY – housed power source usually charged through a USB.
CARTRIDGE – component that houses the e-juice.
ATOMIZER – heats up the e-juice and creates the vapor that’s inhaled and exhaled.
CARTOMIZER – combination of the atomizer and cartridge in one.
TIP – end where the vaporizer is inhaled.
E-Juice / E-Liquid
Liquid based four main ingredients: Nicotine, Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerine (VG), Flavouring – all of which show no evidence of being a carcinogen, Nicotine, optional with or without level of density.
0mg = NO nicotine
3mg = Super Light (Very Light Density)
6mg = Ultra Light (Low Density)
12mg = Medium (Med. Density)
18mg = Regular (High Density)
E-juice / E- liquid Storage
For best results, please store your liquids upright in a cool dark room. Make sure the room is well ventilated and kept out of reach of children and pets. We recommend you store your supply in a locked cupboard or drawer which cannot be tampered with. Please keep away from naked flames or any heat source, and do not mix with incompatible substances. It is best to store your liquids away from any other substances that can contaminate it. E-Liquids are not suitable for pregnant or lactating women or anybody under the age of 18. We do not and will not knowing sell or supply to people who are at risk. Our liquids are supplied in childproof bottles, CLP & TPD/TRPR compliant for safety reasons, we strongly advise you to keep the liquid in its current bottle rather than transfer to a different source. It is always best to use your liquid before the recommended best before date however, unopened bottles can be used in excess of this date of up to 18 months.
Difference Between PG e-liquid, VG e-liquid, PG/VG Mix
Vegetable Glycerin (VG) e-liquid is a thick, a little sweet liquid. VG e-liquid produces plenty of vapor. VG e-liquid also produces a sweeter taste to your liquid. Propylene Glycol (PG) e-liquid is a much thinner liquid. PG e-liquid produces more of a “throat hit” than VG e-liquid does, which simulates the feel of smoking. PG e-liquid also has a higher rate of sensitivity for some people, meaning that some people may be illergic to PG in their e-liquid.
E Liquid Warnings
- E-Liquid is very toxic by inhalation, if it comes into contact with your skin and if swallowed.
- There is a huge risk to your health by prolonged exposure if swallowed.
- If swallowed, seek immediate medical advice and show the bottle to the medical professional if possible.
- Keep e liquid away from your eyes and skin.
- E-liquid may cause skin irritation if exposed.
- E-liquid may cause harm to an unborn child. Please keep well away from pregnant women.
- Vapours may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- If e-Liquid contacts your skin then wash immediately with lots of water.
- If e-liquid spills into your eye then wash out right away and seek medical advise.
- Always keep your e-liquid bottles locked away in a safe place.
- Always keep your e-liquid bottles away from children and pets.
- Dispose of any empty e-liquid bottles in a bin.
- E-liquid products are not suitable for anybody under the age of 18.
Our e-Liquids are sourced from trusted suppliers from across UK, Europe, Philippines and the US, Now TPD/TRPR Compliant and pharmacy-graded products with some of the following ingredients:
- Propylene Glycol
- Vegetable Glycerin
- TPD/TRPR Compliant Nicotine
- No Animal Extracts
- No Alcohol
- No DEG (Diethylene Glycol)
The liquids we supply are lab produced in sterile clean room environments. All our bottles come with CLP standards with childproof caps to ensure they meet with regulations. They also come with manufactured date (MFG) and expiry date (EXP) and are fully sealed. We do not and will not knowingly sell or supply to anyone who are at risk. If you decide to use any of our liquids, please do so at your own risk. We actively promote our customer safety at all levels.
Resistance Wires & Rebuildable Atomizers
Resistance wires and rebuildable atomizers are for advanced vapers only with access to multimeters, high discharge batteries and a working knowledge of how electronic devices work. Please ensure care is taken as to not cause damage/harm to your atomizer, vaping devices, or yourself. Upon purchasing our rebuilding products you agree that Custom Vapes UK will not be held responsible to any injuries or property damage caused by using/misusing rebuildable atomizers or resistance wire products.
Li-ion batteries we supply are fully approved by CE and comply with RoHS and ISO9001/2000. Use special caution when working with Li-ion cells, they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in charging, discharging and assembly before use.
- Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface.
- Never leave charging batteries unattended.
- Store safely in battery containers when not in use.
- Never put batteries into loose pockets or bags, keys, metal objects can cause explosions/sparks.
- Discontinue using a battery if it fails to retain a charge or looks damaged.
- Dispose of used batteries only at approved recycle locations, containers.
- Always use Li-Ion batteries with a control circuit (protection PCB) to assure safe charge, discharge.
- We are not responsible for damage if there is any modifications made to batteries/chargers.
- We are not responsible for any damage caused by misuse or mishandling of Li-Ion batteries/chargers.
Please have a basic understanding and knowledge of the batteries you are using and how to take care of them properly. Custom Vapes will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of a LI-ION batteries. Please follow all of the guidelines above and manufacturer instructions. Custom Vapes UK takes the safety of our customers and the environment seriously, however we cannot be responsible for any accidents or adverse effects following the purchase of our goods if you have not followed our strict guidelines. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or queries.