Lithium-ion (Li-ion/Liion) batteries/cells can be dangerous when mistreated.
- Never carry loose cells – they should be suitably cased at all times when not in use.
- Do not short batteries with metallic objects such as keys or loose change.
- Always use a battery charger designed for Lithium-Ion cells.
- Never leave a battery charger unattended.
- Never completely discharge batteries. (The cut off for most cells is 2.5v or 2.8v) Check the manufacture datasheet.
- Outer wraps and insulator rings should be checked for damage regularly. Replace worn or damaged wraps before continuing use.
- Do not expose to extremes of heat or cold, or sudden fluctuations between the two.
- Always dispose of end of life cells at your local WEEE recycling centre.